Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Favorite Room Feature: Raiana Schwenker Design

My lovely ladies. I hope you are all ready for some serious eye candy this morning. I am talking serious  sophisticated glam from my girl Raiana. You will never guess where this talented lady hails from...I will give you one guess. Oh Canada. I am telling you. Design is in the water there. Today she is sharing her super glam glam living room and I am trying to find a way to move in immediately. 

Hi Sadie & Stella readers! I know you are all sweet, silly and beautiful just like Lindsay and I am so honoured to be here today sharing my Favourite Room! My name is Raiana , I am an Interior Designer from the Niagara Region of Ontario, in Canada! I also collect and sell vintage & refinished furniture and accessories. I am a wife, and mom to two under 2. I believe in following your dreams, doing what you love, and encouraging others to do the same.

I am showing you our living room. It's very small, but believe it or not we do everything in here. Its where the kids play, our dog lounges, we watch tv, usually where we eat, and where we work. It's not perfect, and not at all done or where I would like it to be. However this room is a great example of taking what you have and making it work. This whole space has been done on a major budget[like, under $1200] Certain things are also in place, or not, because of the presence of a toddler and soon to be toddler. Lots of changes and upgrades in the near future hopefully! I will share the before photos of this space over on my blog, after Lindsay posts. You can visit me here to see where it started!

My philosophy on decorating any space is to collect, mix, curate, and layer. Buy pieces you love, layer in pieces with meaning. Different textures, finishes, price points and styles blended within a space. Always have natural elements. Balanced. Traditional with an edgy, eclectic, twist.
Raiana Schwenker Design
The credenza is a garage sale find, lacquered black. It holds diapers, wipes and toys as well as some electronic equipment and cords! The wall with the tv isn't at all finished. Ideally we will finish our basement to create a rec-room and have the tv down there. The rush grass coffee table replaced a brass Ibex table for crawling/walking toddler purposes :). Very happy with this table, I am so shocked and pleased by how well it is holding up. The brass and navy velvet chairs are an estate sale purchase, I have four of them. The vintage brass floor lamp is from my husbands Grandmother. The mirror is Home Sense. The curtains[which neeeeed to be replaced, but serve a purpose] are canvas drop clothes from Home Depot]. The sunburst clock is vintage Syroco. The ginger happiness jars are from my large, and growing, blue and white china collection. These particular two were from Etsy. The area rug is from my families cottage in Muskoka. Its lovely, but not what I would choose for the room, and the piling drives me insane [its at least 25 years old, you would think it would stop shedding...but no, its the worst]
Raiana Schwenker Design
The sofa is a slipcovered Lee Industries english roll arm, which I picked up used[covered in plastic and probably sat on twice, the woman even joked that for 18 years her kids weren't allowed near it] for $100. Some people find it insane that I have a white sofa as our primary sitting/tv watching place with two babies, but the truth is I find it a million times easier. Its slip covered, so it is washed and bleached twice a month and looks perfect each time. When it no longer is holding up, we can easily commission a new slip cover or have it reupholstered. Would like to switch out the two brass velvet chairs with comfier upholstered chairs in the near future. The leopard velvet pillows are Arianna Belle, and are my favourite ever. The area behind is my work space, and houses art supplies, canvases, paper work and my laptop.
Raiana Schwenker Design
The brass chinoiserie lamp is vintage, as are the chairs, ginger jar, and mirror[which is undergoing a refinish asap, thinking a tortoise shell finish].
The desk is IKEA, definitely recommend it! The small burled wood picture frame is from The Gluckstein Home Collection.
Raiana Schwenker Design
The desk on the right wall is IKEA, and holds my husbands desktop. Many of the frames are waiting to be filled, sorry! The two floor lamps drive me a bit insane, and are sort of just...there. Our ceilings have that popcorn finish[who what when why??? why would anyone?] but shockingly doesn't bother me enough to want to fix it.
raianaschwenkerhallway
Just beside the room is this vintage bamboo hall stand which I just adore.
Raiana Schwenker Design

Raiana Schwenker Design

raiana schwenker design

raiana schwenker design

raiana schwenker design

raiana schwenker design

raiana schwenker design

raiana schwenker design
Thank you for having me!! XOXO

36 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous space! I love the colors, patterns and overall decor here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love! love all the black and gold so chic love how she created a space for the tv that doesn't look like an eye sore - the painting behind is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! Love all your vintage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to live in each picture! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vintage pieces!! ANd I love how you combined everything! You have fabulous taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small on space, GINORMOUS on style. I love everything, that bamboo hallstand is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love!!!! The blue chairs are my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got very giddy when I realized it was Wednesday, so it was Favorite Room Feature day! As always, this did not disappoint. The giant artwork behind the tv? Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing taste! And I love that so much was accomplished in such a small space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great collection....my fav elements are the chairs and AB pillows. Also love the black and white abstract art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you guys!! Thank you thank you thank you :) your kind words mean the world to me, and have compleeeeetely made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hall stand is insanely good. I adore your space, Raiana!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful room! I love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK this is total motivation for me to get my sh*t together. This room is stunning and so beautifully styled!!! I love the navy and leopard together. Thanks for sharing :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! Such a great mix of my fave elements all in one space...and on a budget! Love all the vintage pieces! So special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This room is gorgeous!! And such great inspiration. Loving the navy and brass chairs with the leopard! Gorgeous!

    XO Lily
    gold & gray

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of the glamorous aspects...the pillows especially! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gah!!!!! Love love love love love. Can I move in? hehe :) The pillows + the blue prints = perfection. This is fantastic!!!
    xo
    www.tiffanystyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. One word- pinning!!

    xoxo, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  20. So in love with this, and the fact that she did it on a budget. My kind of gal for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous mix! I love it all. Thanks for introducing me to Raina.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic! You always have the best room features!!

    www.XoLindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great room - thanks for sharing ---love the pillows and the white sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can barely handle the awesomeness. SO SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. crazy over the style. the bamboo hall stand is terrific; I have one so similar and need to style it up like so! really enjoyed this one...donna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Where is the large painting (behind the TV) from?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning! Heading over to see more! Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm obsessed with the leopard pillows. What size are yours? I might have to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm curious about the painting behind the tv, too. Really nice room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raiana is very talented in the visual as well as interior decorating. She is the artist of the large piece behind the wall and has also sold a few of her pieces of art online as well. If you are interested it would be best to get into contact with her.

      Delete
  30. This is such an amazing space! So inspiring.

    Corbin
    Blue Door Living

    ReplyDelete
  31. شركات اصباغ الكويت
    شراء اثاث مستعمل الكويت شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل الكويت
    فني كهربائي منازل الكويت فني كهربائي الكويت
    شركة مكافحة البق الكويت شركة مكافحة بق الفراش الكويت
    شركة مكافحة حشرات الكويت شركة مكافحة الحشرات الكويت
    نقل عفش مبارك الكبير نقل العفش مبارك الكبير
    نقل عفش مشرف نقل العفش مشرف
    نقل عفش الاحمدي نقل العفش الاحمدي

    ReplyDelete
  32. check this link right here now https://www.dolabuy.ru informative post Dolabuy Loewe find out this here Balenciaga Dolabuy

    ReplyDelete

You are the best, the most, the everything.