Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Musings: Black on White

Happy Hurricane Monday to you larvlies! I hope you all are staying safe/warm/dry/fed/comfortable. Sandra D is supposed to be hitting here this afternoon and I have to tell you, I am not real excited about it. This will be officially, our first "hurricane" that we have endured. When we went to stock up on supplies on Friday, we had to hit three stores up just to get water. I mean seriously. What in the hayyyelll? I am already over Sandra D and she has not even arrived. If I am forced to eat canned food, then I will be very over it. Another effect Sandra D has been having is that it has been looking dismal around here all weekend. It has me thinking of non-colorful spaces. I am talking black. I am talking white. Now, make no mistake, black and white is not boring or lacking in style. In any way. The subdued and sophisticated color scheme is so high in style that it will make your head spin. Trust me when I say. Let me show you all of this black and white that I am speaking of. 





Habitually Chic
Are you convinced? I know. Image one probably swayed your ways. Black and white it is. Everybody stay safe this week. Loves! XOXO

15 comments:

  1. I am so into black and white, too. Stay safe...it is already really windy here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy was a bust here- a little rain and some wind. Nothing crazy so I hope it is not bad for you either. Adore black and white, it is one of my favorite decorating combos. I still want some spotted pillows for my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. less than thrilled to endure more hurricanes and tropical storms here than I did on the SC coast. Hope Dominion gets their act together quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love black and white an absolute classic and you showed it in its best light:) Stay safe today..its barreling up this way and we are already feeling the winds and rains moving in....by this afternoon I suspect we will not have cable/power so making my blog rounds now..sending you an email now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABsolutely beautiful!! Black & White is one of my favorite color combinations for interiors or fashion. It is just so classic and gorgeous!! Loving all of your photos! Hoping you stay safe and Sandra D doesn't get you too wet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this clean and classic look. Stay safe over there from Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on the west coast and Sandra is top story! I hope it isn't half as bad as they are saying (which usually it isn't ) stay safe ! Black and white is always beautiful in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stay safe sweet friend! I hope it passes quickly and without much ado. I love, love the first image. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay warm and safe!!! I'm always all about white. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this so much! Always an inspiration :)

    http://luabell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will be keeping you guys in our prayers! I LOVE black and white spaces, my house is mostly that. But dang, certainly not as glamorous as those images! Those are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post so much! Beautiful black and white. Hope all is well with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kill me in a way that has not been done.....you know I truly love B&W and I must pin every dang one!

    ReplyDelete

You are the best, the most, the everything.