Thursday, May 24, 2012

Living Room Updates. Your design expertise is wanted.

Darlings. Darlings. Darlings. Who recalls this amazing table by Richmond Thrifter that I purchased a couple of months ago? Well, she is finally home and we are friggin' bananas over it. It is so glamazon I cannot even stand it. Now I have to make sure that the rest of the room can keep up in style. 

It is super unique and definitely a one of a kind piece. I have to hand it to Erin as I consider her co-designer of this room. Her vision was amazeballs. Ahhhh! I need her to find me some more gems. Love that girl. 

So I definitely bought this rug that we spoke about soooo long ago. Honestly, I could not be more in love with it. It brings the perfect amount of color, pattern and old world feel to the space. It is just was just what I was looking for. It emits this magic carpet feel. I feel as though at any minute I could ride out on it for a "magic carpet ride." Now who doesn't want that kind of mystere in a space? If you don't, I don't want to know you. 

Other items seen styled here are some Barnes & Noble books from their "Bargain Book" section. If you turn your nose up at this section because it has titles such as "Pig Parts" and its other edition, "Chicken Parts," you are missing out. Big. Time. So I scored an Audrey Hepburn book, "Audrey Hepburn: A Life in Pictures," for a whopping $12.98. I mean seriously. AND a high fashion book "A Year in Fashion: A Look a Day" for an astonishing $6.98. Folks, you can't beat it. It is multi-purpose. The books can be used for styling and can also be read. What a deal. You will also notice the trusty Domino book, "The Book of Decorating." This pretty much serves as an interior designer's bible. It's a religious experience. The tray you will notice on the table holding the Mary bust and my irreplaceable Volupsa candle, is not actually a tray. I know you are all gasping. It is actually a framed picture. Yes, framed pictures can be trays too. 


Ok. So here is where you all come in. Obviously I am going to need new pillows for our couch. And a new couch for our couch. And a new chandy. We know this, and will get to that eventually. But my huge current dilemma here is art. I am totally thinking abstract. What are you all thinking? Here is the space bare:
Here are my thoughts. Option 1 from my girl Lindsay Cowles, I cannot resist her work. (And for those of you that have forgotten, she is STILL offering 50% off of her prints for S+S readers here until tomorrow):
Option 2:
Option 3, with these amazing paintings by Michelle Armas:
Or option 4:
Or an entirely different option? Please realize. We will have a new couch, with new pillows and new a glammy chandy eventually. Conceptualize. I need the art in place though. Give me your expertise. Loves!

31 comments:

  1. Okay, what I want to know is how to you own soo many incredible pieces of art??? I love them all but there is something about the last two! Your coffee table and rug are so amazing-do not even have words for them! Cannot wait to see new pics when you work your wonders!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for option 3 first with 2 a close second. You my friend are a master table stylist. Want to know a dirty secret? I buy coffee table books at Habitat stores. They are like $4-10 and if you remove the paper covers they look sick on your table. I have some great pink and gold books from there. Love your space so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first option! But really any of the options would be good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the michelle armas ones, but then again, who doesnt right? I feel like because you have the magic carpet thing going (I totally LOL'ed at that when I read that), you should have something collected up there. Maybe pull some of the turquoise like you're thinking but I can TOTALLY see some vintage flea market or yard sale finds - moody oil paintings or something, with great gilty frames. imho. but whatever you do it will look great. ohhh - and post some more pics from the "rugs point of view". i wanna see how it looks in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abstract is a great way to go! If you decide that route, I really like option 4. But, I am also a big fan of animal art:

    http://pinterest.com/pin/31736372344509738/
    http://pinterest.com/pin/51158145736686862/

    And DIYing your own art could save you some big $$$$ for a new couch/chandy. Did you see how Jenny from LGN creates large scale prints? Genius. http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2012/02/huge-prints-for-only-4.html

    Anyway, just food for thought! It will be fab no matter what you decide!

    xoxo, Emily
    www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all....thanks for the shout out! Love how you styled the coffee table, the little vase with the pink flowers...perfection! I have no idea how you are going to choose from all the amazing art! I think my faves are 2 and 3 but you seriously could do no wrong with any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great table. Love, love! I love your styling on the coffee table and end table. Until you get a new sofa, I think you need only one abstract piece centered over the end table behind the lamp. AND drapes for that window, mounted outside to widen it. Maybe in white to lighten things up. And some white in the sofa pillows will freshen your sofa up. Love the diy art idea. Can't wait to see what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going against the stream and voting for #2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want that rug so bad!!! Are you happy with it? Is it the 5x8? Hmmm.. really want to order it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not just happy with it I am freaking obsessed. The quality is amazing. It's so soft and it looks amazing!!! 5x8 is shown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Obsessed with that coffee table!!! I vote for #3 and then #1!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote Michelle Armas, mostly because she is amazing and also because it would look beautiful in your place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the art works that you have chosen....I would get them all in a NY minute....how about a large painting on one side and gallery like on the other side with all kids of different sized goodies? just a thought! Can't wait to see what you decide on

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well.....I hate to even give an opinion based on my online observations since I can now stalk your home in person. So I think I will refrain from unleashing my most tasteful of advice in this forum. However, I must agree with a few other commenters that you really can't go wrong with any of those selections. That being said, I also think this space is calling for harmonious juxtaposition (see, there I left a gem for all the readers) on either side of the couch. I think big and bold on the right side and maybe something smaller and more traditional on the left. Like a horse or a general or something old and gaudy. PS-When are we pillow shopping? I'm in desperate times over here with my couch.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with the rug and coffee table and your blog! Question-is that the yellow or turquoise rug though? It appears much more green in the picture.

    Oh-and I vote for #3. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the turquoise. It's actually very turquoise it's just hard to see bc of my crappy photography.

      Delete
    2. sorry for another question but do you think it would be too jarring in dining room with dark navy walls and ikat print head chairs? thank you!

      Delete
    3. Not at all!! I'm obsessed with this rug. My favorite find so far. It will look great!!

      Delete
    4. That is great to know considering I love everything on your blog! I just bought the Kate spade candy striped shower curtain!

      Is the rug antiqued?

      Delete
    5. It's overdue which gives it te antiqued look!

      Delete
  16. My favorite is Option 4, I love the simple contrast of the gold/brass and the blue. I think it will pick up on the brass in the table too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Armas paintings and think the mismatched look is better in any room. Hmm, its probably tacky, shameless self promotion but you could always consider a Kerry Steele original. Wink, wink. kerrysteele.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Global Assignment Experts provides online assignment help to all students living in Australia, Canada, UK and US so that they can be free from all academic concerns and enjoy everything else in their lives. We have a pool of most professional writers to provide the best for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog is so good, we got lot of informative information for decoration home, rug
    designe is also look so beautiful, we receive lot of ideas for decoration home from the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing. You are consistently an inspiration. With fresh content with pictures, you usually make an effect on your site! We are Please Visit us doctor visiting card design india

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am reading your amazing and interesting article it was so helpful for me, thanks for sharing such helpful content. I have added a new kit to my knowledge dictionary.

    https://misty-pantydraco-8c7.notion.site/Top-reasons-to-buy-rugs-from-manufacturer-880f8712829145b0a33330bf4871a93d

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad I came across this blog post! The content is not only informative but also incredibly engaging. ¿Cuánto es un Divorcio en la Ciudad de Nueva York? It's evident that the author has put a lot of effort into research and writing. I look forward to reading more from this blog in the future!

    ReplyDelete

You are the best, the most, the everything.