Thursday, April 12, 2012

an arty party and the her version of the his and hers office

So let me start this post by bragging a little bit. I have this friend, who happens to be an amazingly artistically talented, beautiful and giving friend, who made this fabulous piece of artwork for me. I came home yesterday to an oversized FedEx box sitting on my doorstep. What was inside you ask? This was inside. This beautiful piece of art, which I cannot wait to put in its new home. Is this not the most amazing piece ever? If I only had one sixteenth of an ounce of her talent. I would be solid. But since I do not, I will just stand in awe of her creations. Love her dearly. I keep telling her children I am going to steal her. I am not even kidding. Her name is Elyse Martin and she is a professional artist. Her pieces are absolutely insane. Check her out. 

As promised, the first installment of our his and her offices. Obviously, this is the her version. We are fortunate enough to have not one, but two spaces for our own offices in our new home. You would really know the excitement we have if you saw our current office. Let's just say, we have been asked to appear on Hoarders. Mmmmmkay. Here are the plans for my new office. 


Next week, I shall return with the male installment of the his portion of the "his and her office". Sorry, but ladies first. 

28 comments:

  1. Your friend is so talented! Love that piece! Also love that ZGallerie desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the piece your friend created. It's beatiful! And I am DYING over your office. So completely jealously loving it with lots of envy added in! ha! It's going to look fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you worry. We will be kicking it there on the regular once I am in Richmond!

      Delete
  3. Wow, your friend has some talent, fantastic painting! Your new office is going to kick some serious butt! I love the desk and I'm off to click and find out where you got the chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's the artist? Are her pieces available to purchse? Your office is going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name is Elyse Martin. You can find her pieces at http://www.artslant.com/global/artists/show/118636-elyse-martin . She is amazing!

      Delete
  5. Lovely painting... perfect addition to the office! Does your friend sell her work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name is Elyse Martin. You can find her pieces at http://www.artslant.com/global/artists/show/118636-elyse-martin . She is seriously rad.

      Delete
    2. I love you tooo Lindsay!!!

      Delete
  6. Your friend has some Major talent. Love the "her" space. That rug is TDF. Gorgous. I am so jealous you get an office space. I have a small desk in my kitchen. The office had to go bye bye when we had our little one:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That art is gorgeous! She is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The art is gorgeous! I pinned it a few weeks ago and I am jealous that it's yours. Now that is a good friend! And I have had my eye on that ballard chair for a while. Thanks for posting it or I might not have ever know it was on sale! Love the ladies side of the office!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That is beautiful! Can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. srsly. that should be my office, too. love every last item. ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this hers office- I think that chair and those pink lamp shades make me want the whole room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely office board! I love Elise's work too! She's kinda fab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lucky to have such a talented friend! I've actually had that very piece pinned for a while - lucky! :) And the office looks super fab. Love the hot pink shades and the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. More than obsessed with this office space... the rug... the art... love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Providing walls in offices with artwork is not a bad idea after all. Glad you featured what the "her" office would look like.

    ReplyDelete

You are the best, the most, the everything.