Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Favorite Room Feature: Nuestra Vida Dulce

We've adored Joi over at Nuestra Vida Dulce since the moment we laid eyes on her blog. Her home is jaw dropping! She and her husband have transformed it into something that expresses their style perfectly and we can't get enough! We also are big fans of her 'What's Good in Your Hood' series. We've snagged a few of her finds in our area. We'll let Joi take it from here...

Hola! I'm Joi from Nuestra Vida Dulce and I'm honored to be posting about one of the most favorite spaces in our home: the kitchen + dining room! : )

The space that used to look like this:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Now looks like this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It took a couple years and multiple changes before it felt just right! One of the first things we did when we moved in nearly 6 years ago, was paint the cabinets a rich white. We decided on Sherwin William's Alabaster in an oil-based finish and have not been disappointed. Many people don't like to work with oil-based paints because of the clean-up; but we love its durability, minimal to-no brush strokes, and its wipability once cured is unbeatable.

Photobucket

We lived with the laminate green countertops for a couple years and then made the move to replace them with Corian's private collection in the color Sandalwood. I was and still am impressed with its resemblance to the veining in some of my favorite {but too $$$} marble selections.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Over the years my tastes started to change and I requested that my father-in-law build David and me a dining room table! The man did NOT disappoint and it's one of the best things in our whole house! If you're interested in plans, feel free to drop me an email at NuestraVidaDulce at gmail dot com. : )

Photobucket
Soon after, I had seen an image with a kitchen island in a similar set up like our kitchen and my father-in-law was back in action to make us a great island. Looking for the tutorial on those paper flowers? Find it here!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Finally, the most recent of changes have been changing the wall color to a deep brown-gray and adding striped wall opposite the kitchen cabinets with a campaign dresser serving as a buffet. The "art" you see is a DIY silver leafed canvas and the rest of the items were mostly thrift store finds.

Photobucket
Photobucket
I hope you enjoyed our kitchen metamorphosis! I'd love for you all to hop on over to our blog to see some more transformations! Thanks for having me, Sadie + Stella!

xoxo

- Show quoted text -

8 comments:

  1. I love it!! It's gorgeous! Love a good kitchen remodel!

    I recently completed a kitchen remodel myself...so fun!
    http://awelldressedhome.com/our-kitchen-remodel-is-complete/

    Emily Hewett
    A Well Dressed Home
    awelldressedhome.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kitchen remodel, I love her blog. They have done amazing things with their home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kitchen blows me away every time I see it, love her blog. I thought it was nice to see her "dining" area go from such humble beginnings to the stunner it is now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. I love the gray and white with the pops of pink!

    ReplyDelete

You are the best, the most, the everything.